uMore FZ-LLC, a Dubai Free Zone Limited Liability Company in the United Arab Emirates (hereafter collectively referred to as “uMore”) manage current or future services, including the uMore app, mobile applications and websites as part of a long-term strategic decision to focus on people’s needs. The terms “our”, “us” or “we” means uMore.
The data controller shall be uMore, setting out the purpose for the use of any personal information given by you when using our Services.
- Data processor shall mean anyone processing Data on behalf of uMore.
- Services shall mean any product, mobile application or website made available by us.
- Minor(s) shall mean any person under the age of 18, or persons, who are not legally competent to enter into contracts under applicable law.
- User Account or Account shall mean your personal account, with your personal associated username and password.
- Personal Information Shall mean any personal data, identifying or relating to an identified natural person. any factual or subjective information in recorded form that identifies or could be used to identify an individual. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, information such as age, name, address, birth date, email, gender, height and weight depending on the specific service you use and submit to us.
- Personal Health Information shall mean information about an identifiable individual in recorded form that relates to the physical or mental health of the individual, as well as the providing of health care to the individual. Personal Health Information is a type of Personal Information.
- Personal Data shall mean both Personal Information and Personal Health Information together.
Personal Data we collect at uMore
We collect and process the following Personal Data about you either given by you or provided through your use of our Service uMore:
- Information relating to transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to the Service
- Your contact information, such as e-mail address in case you register for an account or subscribe to news from uMore
- Any questions, suggestions and comments sent to us
- Information about you if you use the Service we provide, including your IP address, login information, browser type, operating system, platform, geographical location, length of visit to certain pages or app screens and number of pages or app screens viewed
- Information obtained through the completion of surveys that you agree to participate in and that we use for research purposes
- Information contained in text messages related to the Service, images, chats or other communication modalities of the Service
- Health information and other personal information such as your gender, year of birth, diagnosis status, etc., given to us
Use of collected Personal Data:
The primary purposes for collecting, storing, processing and disclosing your Personal Data is to improve usability and accuracy of research into the factors tracked by you through the uMore app such as well-being index scores and symptoms over time. The aim of this research is to provide you with insights into the development of your well-being and potentially influencing factors.
Other purposes for processing your Personal Data are described below:
- To provide you with our content and Services, including to administer your use of the Services and offering you a backup of e.g. your Account.
- To collect data across users, to present an aggregated result of experiences and use of the Services
- To provide personalized Services according to individual profiles based on individually keyed in data processed by an algorithm
- To improve the Services in terms of functionality and content
- To establish and maintain communications with you as agreed with you
- To process your comments and respond to any queries you may have
- To carry out surveys, studies and evaluations including statistical analysis
- To link, aggregate and cross-reference with other uMore data in order to improve the Services
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice, including to report adverse events to health regulators
- To detect and prevent fraud, and to help safeguard the interests of uMore and its users
- For information technology management purposes
- For all other purposes to which you have specifically consented
Your Personal Data will be anonymised after two years of inactivity or upon request from you. Inactivity meaning the latest point in time you have interacted with communication from uMore.
How is your Personal Data transferred and secured
The employees who have access to Personal Data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with our security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality.
uMore will use service providers (i.e. data processors acting only on instructions from uMore), some of which may be located outside of the region or country from where you reside, in order to provide technical support, services in the area of maintenance and development of the Services. We may decide to host the data at a uMore company or a service provider acting as a data processor.
Via your use of the Services you understand and hereby accept that your Personal Data will also be transferred to the following independent third parties for processing for the purposes stated below and only in respect of Personal Information relevant for these purposes:
- Any third party claiming that any User Content submitted by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy
- Any third-party service providers (who may be located in any part of the world) for purposes related to supporting uMore’s business (e.g., fulfilment services, technical support, delivery services) and providing you with information (if you have opted into receiving such information as described above), in which case we will require such third parties to agree to treat it in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Any third party involved with the proposed sale, assignment, merger, amalgamation, plan of arrangement or other transfer of the business of a uMore company or a separate part hereof
- Any necessary third party if the personal safety of members of the public are in jeopardy.
Your rights and responsibilities
You may contact uMore at any time to request that we or any third party instructed by us:
- Update and correct any of your Personal Data in our custody and control if these turn out to be inaccurate or misleading in accordance with applicable personal information laws
- Provide you with access to your Personal Data in our custody and control.
If the Personal Data we, or any third party instructed by us has, changes please let us know as soon as possible so that we can keep our records up to date.
Receiving newsletters, relevant information etc.
Information on Minors
Our Services are in general not intended for the use of Minors. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person we know is a Minor without the prior consent of a parent or guardian.
Recognizing that your privacy is important to you and uMore, we employ technical security measures to protect your Personal Data. uMore will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any Personal Data we hold about you against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, use, copying, modification, disclosure or disposal, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal Information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
However, no transmission of Personal Data, including transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Consequently, to the extent permitted by law, uMore, its affiliates, related companies, third-party service providers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that Personal Data will be protected against misuse, loss, or alterations and do not accept any liability for Personal Data submitted to them for your or third parties’ use or misuse of Personal Data. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
uMore keeps your Personal Information only as long as necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected, however, some Personal Information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any Personal Information that is no longer needed is securely destroyed after two years.
What are cookies and what types of cookies do we use?
Cookies are small information units – bits of information – which the Services may place on your browser or your computer, smartphone or other electronic equipment with memory.
Cookies contain information that the Services use to, for example, make communication between you and your web browser more efficient. Cookies are common technology on the Internet and are also used in our Services.
“Session cookies” are temporary bits of information which are deleted when you exit the Services. Session cookies are typically used to improve navigation and to collect statistics. The Services uses session cookies.
“Persistent cookies” are more permanent bits of information that are stored and remain on your electronic device until they are deleted by you. Persistent cookies delete themselves after a certain period of time but are renewed each time you visit the Services. This type of cookie store information on your computer/phone for a number of purposes; e.g. for users automated login.
uMore and our collaborating partners use the following cookies (i.e. third party cookies) over which we have no control:
- Mixpanel – Data Security and Privacy Mixpanel cookies are deleted after two years
- Clevertap – Data Security Clevertap cookies are deleted after two years
- Sendgrid and Twillo – Privacy Statement Twilio cookies are deleted after two years
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites Google Analytics cookies are deleted after two years.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites
- Google Adwords Technologies Ads
- Facebook Custom Audiences Printable Cookies Policy
- Facebook Printable Cookies Policy
- Sendgrid and Twillo – Privacy Statement
Further, we are convinced that providing personalized advertising is more interesting for our visitors than advertising that does not have a personal reference. The uMore website and mobile application uses retargeting technologies (cookies) on the internet, enabling us to show visitors, who already showed an interest in uMore advertisement from us on partnering websites.
In order to provide you with a personalized advertisement, we are working with other companies who use tracking technologies to do advertising on our behalf across the internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visits to our websites or mobile applications along with your interaction with our communications and advertisements.
How do you avoid and delete cookies?
You can amend your cookie preferences for the Services in your web browser setting; here you can choose which cookies to accept, block or delete. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this.
If you want to delete the cookies already on your equipment, you can, if you use a PC or a more recent browser, press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE simultaneously. If the keyboard shortcuts do not work on your browser, please visit the support page for the browser in question.
The following are links to the most common browser support pages on which you can find information regarding how to reject the storage and delete the cookies on your equipment:
- Delete cookies in Internet Explorer – Delete and manage cookies
- Delete cookies in Mozilla Firefox – Clear cookies and site data in Firefox | Firefox Help
- Delete cookies in Google Chrome – Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome – Android – Google Chrome Help
- Delete cookies in Safari – How to clear, remove and manage cookies in Safari 5.1 + – All about Cookies
Please note, that if you don’t accept cookies, you may not be able to access all portions or features of the Services.
uMore – in5 Tech Innovation Center
King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Street,
near Al Sufouh Tram Station
Dubai, United Arab Emirates